*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010426-May-19
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1010426 added May 19, 2021 at 11:49am
Restrictions: None
May 19
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: If you had the chance, would you spend the day at the zoo with baby pandas?

---

I love zoos. I would definitely spend a day at the zoo, possibly not only with baby pandas either. Talking about pandas, I like it when the zoos let the animals live in a habitat as close to nature as they can emulate. I think Smithsonian Zoo is trying to do that with the pandas.

When I was a young child, I was taken to a zoo and watched three angry lions walk growling around a cage. The cage, probably as large as a living room, smelled terribly and even as a child, I began crying for the cruelty that the zoo inflicted on those beautiful animals. I don’t think we humans have a right to do that. I understand that sometimes we need to keep species of animals who are about to become extinct in order to save them, but still, the grounds they are kept in should be ample enough and as close as possible to their natural habitats.

*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Thaddeus Buxton Winthrop ’s "Beneath Emerald Rainbows

---

Good poem except I didn’t get the phrase "emerald rainbows." If rainbows were emerald, which emerald is a green gem, they wouldn’t be rainbows. Other than that, I agree in not trying to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. It just doesn’t work, does it!

Then, instead of a windfall (not that I would reject it *Wink* ), there’s something to be said about work and work ethics. On top of making a living from work, we learn the value of contribution to the community while building and strengthening social, personal, and family bonds. This moves our lives in a better direction and lets us gain soft and hard skills to add to the meaning of living. Of course, the work we choose has to fit our personalities; otherwise, we wouldn’t be satisfied with the work; neither could we be as successful as we could be.

© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010426-May-19