*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
6
7
8
12
15
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
26
27
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010291-Own-Self
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#1010291 added May 17, 2021 at 5:37am
Restrictions: None
Own Self

What is needed in order to recognize one’s Self?
Is it the mind?
The knower of the mind is consciousness.
The Self can only be known through consciousness. Here, the intellect is of no use. Intellect is the essence of the collective mind. Consciousness has to be realized through consciousness, which is prior to the mind.

You say you know the flow of the mind and yet you flow with the mind. That is false. That means there is no conviction of how you are and till such time, fear is there. The greatness of the whole world is in the heart of a human being. However, he fails to understand that. He considers himself as the body and suffers misery. All great sages of the world became so by meditating on their own consciousness. It uncovers itself
and acquires greatness.

That which was already there came to know ‘It is’. This is called birth. The name maya is given to birth.
Maya is the behavior of gunas. Its source is consciousness. It is the knowingness created at birth. Birth implies beingness. You are prior to that knowledge. All this is the sport of your own consciousness.
Whatever is felt, fancied or known is actually not you. One who knows this is the Self. The creation, sustenance and dissolution of consciousness happens on the base of the supreme Self. All deities are a projection of consciousness. It is the result of the action of guna-maya. You are the support of all these.
Maya means the experience of consciousness. Dying does not mean annihilation; it is like the setting of the
sun. No one has death as such. The matchstick is the food for the flame. When it gets extinguished, it does not mean that it has died.

The apparent conviction that one’s body is the Self is what is called maya. It has an infinite number of names. Maya, herself, has been given the status of a deity. There is no truth at all in this world, hence it is not necessary to observe its rules and regulations. It is fictitious. Consciousness is moving about as beingness. Consciousness that is experienced is in fact not real. The meaning that floats through the feeling ‘I am’ is unreal. For example, to say I am like this, I have done this, etc., is unreal. When consciousness goes, the world also disappears. Consciousness and the world are not separate.

The work is done for the one who clearly knows his own Self. Consciousness has to know only this: the form, which is fancied and known through consciousness, is not one’s true nature. Consciousness means the Guru, and the Guru means consciousness. They are not apart. The ‘I am’ was not known, and is now known.
This is the primordial maya. The Lord or a blade of grass is the same for the one who has surrendered to the Sadguru. Maya means self-love. Whatever consciousness achieves is never full; it is incomplete, as it is not true. This attitude is born in one in whom the Paramatman wants to manifest. Therefore, constantly remember the word of the Sadguru. Become one with your consciousness. The oil disappears after giving light. Similarly, your consciousness will spread throughout the world and then disappear. Then what will remain? It is the pure nature of Paramatman. Continue with your silent repetition of the mantra. Then the Guru-ness in your heart will suddenly burn intensely and show you how it rises and sets. Your true nature will be revealed.

© Copyright 2021 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010291-Own-Self