*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010294-may-17-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1010294 added May 17, 2021 at 9:11am
Restrictions: None
may 17, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

For my blog "Prompt:
Deuteronomy 23:12-14
12 Thou shalt have a place also without the camp, whither thou shalt go forth abroad:
13 And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee:
14 For the Lord thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp, to deliver thee, and to give up thine enemies before thee; therefore shall thy camp be holy: that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee.

God cares about cleanliness and sanitation. Write about a time you experienced an unsanitary situation and what you did about it. What are your thoughts on verse 14? How can we apply it to our lives today?


The thing to remember about the Bible is that it is filled with metaphorical language. Some scholars, in fact most scholars, think that when the Bible talks about the fires of Hell that it is talking metaphorically. The passage in question today is no exception. While people were expected to go outside the camp to relieve themselves, the usually dug a pit and built a building around it out of available materials. The waste God is talking to is of course physical. I mean nobody wants to step in that. However, God is telling Israel that if they do something foul, they should clean it up. This is metaphorical as well. If we make a mistake, straighten it up. Make amends. Don't just say "I'm sorry." Correct the wrong. I think this is what God is metaphorically referring to here. He means that if we make a mess we are to clean it up. There is no such thing as being sorry unless we are willing to correct the mistake. This is repentance.

For my blog Prompt: Chewbecca and I were cruising the galaxy and found this planet: (882)
Read this item:
 Poet Tree  (E)
Limb-ering Up
#2237526 by fyn


Write about the poet tree in your Blog entry today.

I guess we all have a quiet place where we go to write. This poet's quiet place is beneath and elder tree. Mine is secluded in my room. I have spent the past two weeks writing discussion board entries, term papers, etc for graduate school. I still have a discussion board post and a three page book review to write. First I have to read 400 pages of material.




Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors


© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010294-may-17-2021