*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010372-Day-2--Playin-Chicken-In-Key-West
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#1010372 added May 18, 2021 at 9:17pm
Restrictions: None
Day 2 ~ Playin' Chicken In Key West
I woke up to the delicious aroma of freshly brewed coffee. Opening one cautious eye, I checked to make sure Lilli wasn’t sneaking around playing pranks on the passengers. Much to my surprise, Andre was up and about, all chipper and eager to go. He had even ordered breakfast for us. MAN! Those banana pancakes were yummy! Some great coffee and PINEAPPLE RUM PUNCH MIMOSAS   to wash them down.

We ate breakfast on the balcony, where we watched Captain Cedric skillfully pilot the ship into the dock at Key West. Andre was eager to be among the first people to disembark, so we hurried down to the gangplank — but, not before stopping to get a round of Mimosas to go. Andre made sure I tipped the barkeep heavily; this was a perk we intended to take full advantage of for the rest of the cruise.

Andre was in a hurry. He was looking forward to meeting Key West’s famous Gypsy Chickens. Andre had heard quite a bit about them, their history, and the special status the chickens held on the Island. He was very excited to meet them and immediately made a date with several of them for lunch at the Banana Café.   The chickens were quite taken with Andre and gave us a guided tour of the hotspots in Key West — including the best place to take a dust bath.

We had a great time in Key West, and there were so many places to find great drinks that we almost didn’t want to head back to the boat! We finally did, making it by the less than a banana peel to spare. There was quite a to-do when one of the roosters tried to board with us! It seemed like quite the problem until he whipped out a guitar and started strummin’ and singin’.

Captain Cedric hired him on the spot, Elvis the rooster, will be performing in the main lounge tonight!


© Copyright 2021 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010372-Day-2--Playin-Chicken-In-Key-West