*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010416-Violence-on-The-Earth
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1010416 added May 19, 2021 at 9:07am
Restrictions: None
Violence on The Earth
Write about the most historic world events of your lifetime. How are they (or will they be) remembered? What will the history books focus on?

owl for signature use *DropP*


I was watching the parade on TV the day President Kennedy was shot. Saw the whole thing.

I was in an apartment in Panama City when the riots started. Had to be carted out, and escorted to the Air Force Base with my 10 month old son by the Guadia National.

I was watching TV news coverage the day President Reagan and Tim McCarthy were shot. Saw the action on TV.

I was living in a trailer park and attending Women's coffee chats during the Viet NAM war. Most of the spouses were in Viet Nam at the time. The women shared facts about the war from letters we received. Our first hand accounts were often worse than any news story on TV.

Was watching Televised coverage the day R. Budd Dwyer, 30th state treasurer of Pa. shot himself on camera.

Watching TV coverage of Charles Whitman, clock Tower shooter, University of Texas, Austin, Texas.

Watched attack footage of USS Cole on TV.
I saw a lot more but, this is enough. I use to watch TV news now not so much. News on TV this morning was about another shooting I changed the channel to PBS so the parrots can watch cartoons.

I have found for some good written coverage I can rely on an app, Smartnews, that has quick facts on breaking news stories or Newsbreak.

I've read some really good historic accounts of violence that was perpetrated over the years. "Benghazi Under Fire" by Fred Burton and Samuel Katz is one. Journalists often write books with the real facts illuminated better than TV coverage. An honest account will avoid laying blame and just tell the facts as they were uncovered by the writer.

On my way to Cozumel now. See Ya. *ThumbsUpR*






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010416-Violence-on-The-Earth