*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010575-May-22
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1010575 added May 22, 2021 at 2:19pm
Restrictions: None
May 22
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: If you could converse with Mother Nature, what would you say?

===

I think, Dear Mother Nature, you have a personality disorder. As pretty and versatile as you are, you have a way of acting differently toward various regions. Can’t you be more even-tempered at least on this little planet earth?

Look at the way you behave. Is this any way to be a mother? You froze up the arctic regions and made my area way too hot throughout the year only to throw hurricanes at it when a silly fancy or an urge strikes you. Then, look at the way you treat the places that are supposed to have all your four seasons. Your passages between their seasons with your scary temper tantrums can shame any mother into denying their motherhood. No wonder, living with such extremes of yours, us denizens of my planet act so weird all the time!

Yet, I understand that we people have not been very nice to you either; still I suggest you learn to become milder and kinder to those who depend on you, and just maybe, go into an existential therapy of some kind. If you do that, next time I write to you, I promise to extol your beauty and your gifts of life to us, but for the time being, I am holding my breath and laying down my pen.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Lostwordsmith ’s "Invalid Item. What do you do to deal with summer heat?

---

Summer heat? What summer heat? We have the summer heat year-round where I live with a few lucky breaks in between. Except in summer. Summers boil, sizzle, and grill us around here. Thank God for the AC, which may or may not work at times, especially when the humidity is high.

This is a good poem, though. Exactly after my heart. I can especially relate to the line “the faint scent of the rain,” as yesterday, when I walked down the driveway to the mailbox, a sprinkle left tiny wet dots on me. Before I could sigh “what a relief,” it stopped, and the drops on me and the mail evaporated before I could go back into the house. Even “the faint scent of the rain” was history by then. And no, my driveway is not very long either

But we take this oven of a place nevertheless, consoling ourselves we don’t have to shovel snow or freeze in winter when the temperature there hits below zero. Small comfort when we are frying under the hot sun, with the word summer being only a moniker.



© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010575-May-22