*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010975-Be-happy-with-what-you-have-And-who-you-are
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nature · #1439094
Look around. Let Nature nurture your Soul. I record images I sense and share them here.
#1010975 added June 9, 2021 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
Be happy with what you have! And who you are.
Be happy with what you have! And who you are.

Change, they say, as if I have a magic wand. I have a wooden spoon, a chopstick. Does that count?

Today the sun broke the record. A bit toasty for the tulips but the rain will come with cooler weather. I see clouds in their future.

Clouds obscure my past. Change, they said. And I did. I threw my old life away, but I still keep everything that's useful. I'd rather see things passed on. Like the red shorts I wear. Like my green shirt. They belonged to someone else before they found me.

Like the stray cat, the stray refugee, the stray plant sitting next to the dumpster slowly freezing. Now, it's off-springs in my window bloom orange for months at a time.

Very little that clutters my room is new. So much needs a new home. But others don't see the value in something worn.

I'm worn. They don't see value in me either. Time for new friends or a new body? A new bright and shiny attitude would help! The traumas of a life barely lived have tarnished mine.

I must be grateful, happy with what I have.

Would that suffice? Mother Nature provides for all her short-lived creatures. Me among them. I must be happy for this life. Would She be happy too if we all stopped abusing Her?

Nothing lives forever, but memories remain etched upon the atoms of the Universe. Gone, yes, but never quite forgotten.

Let my goodness be commended, my trespasses forgiven. Long before I'm forgotten let me be remembered.


© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga [178.84] (Mai.2021)

Won 2nd place in the

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2244409 by Not Available.


About 270 words. Autobiographical.

Prompt: What would you change to help Mother Earth be a happier place in which to live?.

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010975-Be-happy-with-what-you-have-And-who-you-are