*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011444-June-7
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1011444 added June 7, 2021 at 11:32am
Restrictions: None
June 7
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: “We accept the love we think we deserve.”
From The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Your thoughts on the subject?


===

I think the love in question here is the love or rather the respect people feel for themselves. Surely, if human beings neither like nor respect themselves very much, they can settle for any bad treatment or even abuse.

Worse yet, relying on any one single person to make them happy can become a downfall because it means handing out to that person the entire control of their emotions and their life. Then, if the other person accepts the controlling role, that doesn’t say much for the one accepting such a job, does it? Who would want to lord over anyone and use anyone like a puppet? Maybe a tyrant, a tormentor, or a persecutor, but not a nice person.

As faulty a practice as this is, it is rather common and we may all fall for it, especially in our younger, less experienced years. No one ever should be in charge of the locks and the knots of our well-being, except ourselves.

More important yet, those of us who are raising children or in the business of educating children have to be vigilant that the children are not being put down or made feel inferior, but that they are encouraged to love and respect themselves.

*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Sharmelle's Expressions ’s "Let me go The Christian Way!

===

I enjoy and applaud the poet’s sincere feelings toward her belief system. That kind of believing insures the righteousness and moral behavior of its believer and signals the “salt and the light” to be in full effect.

As there are many ways of belief to follow, each way and how it is honored in practice depends on its practitioner. A belief system works as long as the choices of that practitioner are not limited to the choices that compromise or settle for that which is more convenient or comfortable, rather than that which is truly best and pleasing for the entire creation.


© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011444-June-7