*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012093-June-17-and-18
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1012093 added June 18, 2021 at 11:09am
Restrictions: None
June 17 and 18
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: What things do you like to blog about?

---

Since we are using prompts, any kind of prompt is a joy and a maybe a challenge, and I especially like prompts that may involve deep thinking and may push the imagination more.

Usually, I am not very comfortable with some specific thing I’ve already written about, possibly several times over. In addition, what I don’t much care for are the grade-school ideas for writing, such as “What did you do on your summer vacation?” since that type of prompt I’ve probably written for practically all my life. Still, when given such a prompt, I try to make it mine slightly changing the story I tell in it because, I think, in the first place, there should be no un-write-able prompt for a writer, as there are many ways to treat any one prompt.

One more thing, I’d like to add is that there have been prompts I would have very much liked to write for but didn’t, only because for the day they were given, I had some other real-life, pressing matters to take care of and never did get around writing for those.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


Prompt: Did I ever tell you about the time I got lost.... yup, its your blog,, have fun!

----

Hahaha! No, you didn’t. I am quite curious, though, about how you got lost. I thought your sense of direction could outpace that of mine many times over.

As for me getting lost, that doesn’t happen so much when my head is nailed in place, but give me a slight-to-severe life problem, I get lost inside my own house. “Why did I just come into this room now?” or “What was it I was going to pick up from the fridge?” or “Where did I sow my cell phone?” The last one is easy however. I just call my cell from the house phone, which there is a line in each room.

When my husband was in the hospital and there was no hope for his getting better, each day that I drove back and forth, I had to make myself 100% alert so I wouldn’t end up in the next town or something. The hospital is about three miles to our house and I lived in this town since 1993, so you’d think I shouldn’t get lost, right?

Think again. One day, when I parked my car on the driveway of my next-door neighbor, I wondered why everything seemed so unfamiliar. Then I realized my house was just a few feet away. That was the lowest point of my getting lost.

No, I don’t do that anymore, and chances are I won’t, as that was the worst time in my life.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Beholden ’s "Gambol or Gamble?

---

This poet is playing around with words “foal-colt” in this tiny and clever poem, with a brevity and punch adding to its lines.

A foal comes first, then the colt, and with coltish, the poet is probably referring to himself as someone who is not totally freed from childhood and grown into teenage, in horse-sense, sort of. This type of growth could refer to one’s actions or one’s progress in any area, say in writing or any other endeavor.

Talking about horses, most of our instinctive behaviors with them have to do with emphasizing our partnership in a kinder gentler way of handling, the same as we should do with humans, as most horse-people portray their horses as almost human.



*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


Prompt: From Spiritual Dawning ’s "Earthrise

---

A poem of awe at the beautiful sight of our planet earth. The thrill and the excitement of the poet matches that of the first photo of our planet from a far-away angle.

I assume the poet here is referring to the 1968 Apollo mission’s photograph, "Earthrise" over the moon’s horizon, taken by the Apollo 8 crew, Bill Anders specifically, in December 1968, showing Earth for the first time as it appeared from deep space.

It was, at the time, an earth-shattering photo--pun-intended--and my first son was about a month old, then. Apollo 8 and other missions like it just flew around the moon first. Those were sensational, exciting, and romantic days when we were just beginning to court the idea of space travel.

I remember those days very well because later on, when my first son was about to be nine-months old, he was trying very hard to stand up and walk. We had one of the earliest console color-TVs. He stood holding to it and was giggling with happiness when at the same time, when on July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong of Apollo 11 was taking his first steps on the moon. My husband quickly took a photo of the baby in front of the TV and of that moment.
 ~

© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012093-June-17-and-18