*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012151-June-19
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1012151 added June 19, 2021 at 12:11pm
Restrictions: None
June 19
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: Write an opening paragraph of your blog with only one syllable words.

---

Hi there! How did you know I liked tests, dares, one-word highs, puns, and jests, same as this prompt? That’s not all. Then, I love to taste tea, spice, sweets, sours, and all kinds of food, too. To test, I take a bite or a sip to feel the tang, the smell, the zest, or the dash. Then I run with my taste, to rise or fall, which spurs me on to new turfs, new lands, and new views. Do you like such stuff, too? If so, let me give you a tour in my land of verve and zeal.

*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Jacky ’s "Invalid Item

---

That’s such a sweet story and so meaningful in its brevity. As it is written for a micro-fiction contest, I can see how well its author depicted all that action in so few words. For that, I applaud the writer. Still, because it is such a good story, it deserves to be fleshed out, more so by giving a much deserved significance to characterization.

The idea of it, though, that it is better to get a legitimate paying job than to commit unsavory acts for a bit of cash while facing some personal danger, is brilliant, and this is shown in powerful prose, like Hemingway, and is felt just as strongly by the reader.

As the result, it made me think that so many of us settle for so little and sometimes, even accept playing into underhanded, devious, and unethical practices. In such situations, we always lose much more than we may gain. This is poor behavior and no rationalization of it can make it palatable. Agreeing with what we don’t want makes us lose from ourselves by burying our own needs and identity.

Life is not always unfair, and just like the main character in this story, we can always aim higher and do better.



© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012151-June-19