*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012343-Some-Nonsense
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2232903
My blog, where I store those thoughts rattling around my brain
#1012343 added June 22, 2021 at 1:12pm
Restrictions: None
Some Nonsense
I was looking online for tips to get back into writing and found several exercises. One of which was to simply just type whatever comes to mind, stream of consciousness style.

So here I am, rambling on about nonsense.

A few of my fellow writers agreed to collaborate on a project. Well, that isn't quite right, we opted to pick a prompt and work on something to keep our imaginations active. So far we have a bunch of nonsensical ideas and are voting to pick one from the pot.

I just wish I could figure out how to keep going on the projects I started. Discipline is something I am sorely in need of.

Can I hire someone to lock me in a room with nothing but a typewriter? Not even a computer, those are far too distracting. Just give me an old-fashioned writing instrument and keep me away from anything remotely technological. Why are phones so addicting?

Damn those cursed rectangles. They seem to absorb all of your time and leave you wondering where the day went. It's no wonder why people are so apathetic these days. Why bother going outside when you can live vicariously through others? Why bother thinking and formulating your own ideas when you can watch a reaction video telling you how to feel?

Hm, this is becoming a bit of a rant.

Did I work off enough rust? Is my brain ready to get back to storming or am I going to mindlessly wander through the internet and giggle at cat videos?

Truly, this modern age is a tricky one to navigate.

Guess I should get back to hacking away at the keyboard and throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Hopefully I can stick with my goal of 1000 words a day. Some days I can get twice that and not break a sweat. And then we have today where I struggle to get out a mere hundred.

Wish me luck, dear readers!


© Copyright 2021 Ray Scrivener (UN: rig0rm0rtis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ray Scrivener has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012343-Some-Nonsense