*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
6
7
8
12
15
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
26
27
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012960-Personification-of-Love-and-Compassion
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#1012960 added July 3, 2021 at 6:21am
Restrictions: None
Personification of Love and Compassion

Our Universal Ma Anandamayi ---

In may 1961, Ma was in Mumbai in the premises of Sri B. K. Shah. He is known to all Ma's devotees as " Bhaiya".

Bhaiya had requested Ma to pay a visit to Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, where respected Gopinath Kavirajji was convalescing after his critical cancer operation.

Gopibaba - as Ma called him would be released soon and Bhaiya pleaded Ma to have kheyal to visit the hospital on the day Baba will be discharged. Ma asked Bhaiya to arrange Her visit. The date was fixed and I had the rare opportunity, luck and above all Ma's kripa to accompany Her with Bhaiya and Paramananda Swami for the visit to the hospital.

As Ma entered the cabin of Gopibaba, he was all set and ready for his trip back with Ma. The doctors and nurses stood in a line greeting Ma with garlands. Ma accepted their garlands but returned " the Malas " to them after blessing them. However, She kept aside a huge red rose mala. Ma was offered a basket of red big apples also. She distributed all the apples but kept 2 big apples aside. She looked at me and asked me to keep the Red Rose mala and the apples, saying in Bengali, " Rakho, pore lagbe " ( keep aside for future distribution).

Now Ma in Her sweet voice overflowing with Compassion thanked the doctors and nurses all for their selfless untiring Seva of Baba. They all said to Ma, " it's your blessings and kheyal and kripa that miraculously saved Baba --- we are only instruments of God ---- nothing else !"

At this moment I heard someone's feeble voice, as if weeping and muttering " Ha Allah " thrice. I moved to the next cabin and peeped in. Ma was then supervising the arrangements regarding Baba's journey by wheel chair. Inside the adjacent cabin I saw an Arabic Muslim, cancer patient, with brown beard and hair lying straight on his Fowler's bed. His body was so much emaciated that he looked like a skeleton. His mid-chest had caved in, tears of pain (acute) and suffering were rolling down his sunken checks. Hiccups were coming of and on. Now and then he uttered feebly " Ha Allah !" His eyes were closed. His attending nurse told me he was a terminal lung cancer patient.

I returned near Ma. Ma started to move out towards the corridor and elevator with Gopibaba and his troupe of Doctors and Nurses. Suddenly She reverted back and without a word walked steadily towards the cabin of the Arabian Muslim patient. Bhaiya looked puzzled, Paramanandaji looked serene -------- the others and Gopibaba were spellbound and just halted on the way stunned.

I entered with Ma into the cabin of the Arabian patient. Bhaiya and all stood outside. Ma said smilingly ------- Baba, I have come to you, look at me ! Saying this, She caressed the caved in chest of the terminal cancer patient with Her soft heavenly blissful compassionate touches thrice. I felt that by doing this Ma was giving him liberation from human bondage or mortal coils. Then She wiped his overflowing tears with the corner of Her dhoti. Now Ma took the Red Rose Garland from my hand and placed it on the neck and chest of the Arabian patient. Soon after Ma took from me one of the big apples and put it into his folded hands. The other apple Ma gave to his nurse. Now the patient slowly opened his eyes and gazed in gratitude at Ma ---- he took Ma's hand and put it on his head. Ma made a gesture signifying that he repeats within his Koran Mantra. Ma and the patient had changes glances. Ma stood near him five minutes ----- Her eyes had an X-ray look through him as if She was witnessing his past, present and future all the same time. I just wept, to see the this union (spiritual) of a true devotee and God, (Bhaiya r Bhagaban Nikon - in Bengali) irrespective of caste, creed and nationality. Our blissful joy permeated Ma knew this was his first-cum- last Darshan. Ma walked backwards instead of turning round so that the patient could see Her till She went out. The doctors told Ma that his days were numbered.

Next morning on my own I asked Bhaiya to find out how the Arabian patient was. In the afternoon Bhaiya told me that the patient died the same night peacefully. I rushed to tell Ma but before I could utter any words Ma told me in Bengali ---- Arab Desher Baba Chole Gachhen ( Arabian Baba is no more).

So Ma's unsolicited kripa (Ahetuk) hastened his sojourn back to the kingdom of heaven where there is everlasting peace.

Only he knows to whom
You reveal Yourself
And once you have known Him
you become one with Him

From Tulsidas, Ram Charit Manas

© Copyright 2021 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012960-Personification-of-Love-and-Compassion