*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013840-My-favorite-meal
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1013840 added July 18, 2021 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
My favorite meal
The Original Logo.

PROMPT July 18th

Everyone likes to eat, some of us are picky if circumstances allow. Tonight, you're the cook, and you're preparing your favorite meal. What are you preparing for us? Share the recipe for it if you like

I am a person that likes variety. So it is hard for me to pick just one favorite meal. So for the purpose of this blog prompt, I am going to go with one of my childhood favorites. To a point, it is still one of my favorites.

My grandma maid this meal with me one day so it is one of sentimental value. We made mashed potatoes with white gravy. We had some great beans seasoned just right. Then she thought me how to make corn meal fried chicken.

You make it like any other fried chicken, but you coat it in cornmeal instead of anything else. You take a couple of eggs and beat them together in a shallow bowl. Some people like to add a little milk, salt, and pepper. Once you have your egg mixture, you get some cornmeal in a dish. You take the pieces of chicken, one at a time, dip them in the egg mixture and then dip them in the cornmeal until they are completely covered. You should already have some vegetable oil in a skillet ready to receive your chicken at this time. After the chicken has been coated with the egg mixture and cornmeal, you place it in your skillet. You cook it on low to medium heat covered until done. You will want to make sure the chicken is turned while cooking so it can cook evenly on both sides.

If you are the desert type of person, how about we top off that delicious meal with a piece of chocolate devil foods cake with whipped chocolate frosting. Now I know what meal I want for my birthday this year.

Oh, and since I am an Oklahoma girl, you know we got to serve that meal with some sweet iced tea. I think I might just add some dinner rolls at the last minute. Yummy!

My best friend’s dad used to say, “I can feel my arteries hardening as we speak.” lol And since I am a diabetic, I can feel my blood glucose getting out of target range too. Lol There went my A1C.


© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013840-My-favorite-meal