*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013939-Science-isnt-evil
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#1013939 added July 19, 2021 at 7:14pm
Restrictions: None
Science isn't evil
"JAFBG There's a difference between ignorance and willful ignorance. What reality do you wish people would face?

Science is an attempt to understand the universe by reasoning without relying upon myth or magic.

Myths can be based on truths; but not all myths are true as handed down.

Magic is an easy out, explaining the unknown instead of investigating it.

There is an anti-science movement in the USA. Folks will say, "cover you mouth when you sneeze" but refuse to wear a mask while shouting (and spitting on people) that it's "my freedom" to not wear one. They will then go to church and profess to taking care of their brethren while refusing a vaccine. Dr. Fauci is dismissed as "not an expert" but their local preacher who went to a bible college and studied theology, dogma and English Lit somehow is.

Religion is an attempt to provide structure to society based on spiritual principles.

But people confuse religious myths and magic with the Golden Rule, play the tribal game of my god versus your god (parts of the OT are notorious), ignore spirituality and focus on dogma while asserting that one must accept their truth and not question.

Still, that's not necessarily true of all religious traditions. Islamic regions built universities while medieval Catholic Europe was persecuting heathens and heretics. Nowadays the situation could be considered reversed. And yet... Muslim majority nations have had female leaders and the USA hasn't.

No... anti-education and anti-science aren't limited to one place or one religious group. And to allay the fears of religious... not all scientists are anti-religion and fewer still anti-spiritual.

Posted in "Blogville

~255 words
757

© Copyright 2021 KÃ¥re Enga going to Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga going to Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013939-Science-isnt-evil