*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014041-WHO-ARE-YOU
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#1014041 added July 21, 2021 at 7:46am
Restrictions: None
WHO ARE YOU?

🤔🤔🤔

During one of his travels, *Kalidasa* felt very thirsty and looked around for water. He saw *a woman* drawing water from a well.

He went up to her and asked her for water. She agreed to give him water, but asked him, *“Who are you? Introduce yourself.”*

Now Kalidasa thought that an ordinary village woman was not worthy of knowing who Kalidasa was. So he said, *“I am a traveller.”*

But his lady replied, “In this world there are only *2 travellers* – the *Sun* and the *Moon.* Both Rise and Set every day and keep travelling perpetually.”

Then Kalidasa said, “Alright then, *I am a guest.”* The lady promptly replied, “In this world there are only *2 guests* – *Youth* and *Wealth* … both are temporary and hence can only be called as guests.”

Intrigued Kalidasa said, “I am a *Tolerant person* (sahansheel vyakti).” Now the lady replied, “In this world only 2 truly know the meaning of Tolerance – *Bhoomi (Earth)* and *Tree* . How much ever you stamp the earth or throw stones at the tree (for the fruits), both continue to nurture us.”

Now Kalidasa was completely perplexed. He said, “Fine. *I am a stubborn person (hatavaadi).”* The lady smiled and said, “There are only *2 truly stubborn* personalities – our *nails* and our *hair.* We keep cutting them non-stop, but they continue to grow.”

Kalidasa had been patient so far, but now in anger he said, *“I am a fool”.* Now the lady gave a wide smile and said, “There are *only 2 kinds of fools* in this world – a *King* who rules without having any capability or knowledge & a *Minister* who is a sycophant to such a King and lavishes praises on such a useless king.”

Kalidasa realised that he had been *outsmarted* . He fell at the feet of the lady and when he touched her feet and then got up, whom did he see?

*Mata Saraswati* – the Goddess of Learning and Wisdom. She said, “Kalidasa, you are wise. But only if you know yourself do you become a *Manushya* (human being). A person without any awareness of self has not reached the pinnacle of being a Human.

*Note:*
The Guru who recounted this story in His Pravachan said, *“Children should become a Manushya* & know themselves. More than teaching them how to earn more money and become rich, parents should teach them to become aware of themselves and become better Human beings.

This is so so good ... I had never known these profound distinctions between *Intelligence* and *Wisdom
Worth reading on ...

1. Intelligence leads to arguments.
Wisdom leads to settlements.
2. Intelligence is power of will.
Wisdom is power OVER will.
3. Intelligence is heat, it burns.
Wisdom is warmth, it comforts.
4. Intelligence is pursuit of knowledge, it tires the seeker.
Wisdom is pursuit of truth, it inspires the seeker.
5. Intelligence is holding on.
Wisdom is letting go.
6. Intelligence leads you.
Wisdom guides you.
7. An intelligent man thinks he knows everything.
A wise man knows that there is still something to learn.
8. An intelligent man always tries to prove his point.
A wise man knows there really is no point.
9. An intelligent man freely gives unsolicited advice.
A wise man keeps his counsel until all options are considered.
10. An intelligent man understands what is being said.
A wise man understands what is left unsaid.
11. An intelligent man speaks when he has to say something.
A wise man speaks when he has something to say.
12. An intelligent man sees everything as relative.
A wise man sees everything as related.
13. An intelligent man tries to control the mass flow.
A wise man navigates the mass flow.
14. An intelligent man preaches.
A wise man reaches.

Intelligence is good
but wisdom achieves better results.

© Copyright 2021 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014041-WHO-ARE-YOU