*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014092-Myterious-Events-In-Jerusalem-This-Weekend
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2251563
Rising Star blog
#1014092 added July 24, 2021 at 10:53pm
Restrictions: None
Myterious Events In Jerusalem This Weekend!


There has been a lot of controversy over this man they call, Jesus of Nazareth, who is also called Christ. There have been reported healings, mass crowds, and miracles everywhere he has been reported to be seen. Some people say he has the spirit of Beelzebub or a devil. Others say he is Elias come back from the grave. There are also people following him around believing him to be the promised Jewish Messiah.

At the end of last week, witnesses say Jesus was arrested and put on trial. He was accused of teaching blasphemy to his followers and causing a rebellious uprising against the Jewish community and the Roman Empire. He was also known to perform healings on the Sabbath Day. He had threatened to tear down the Temple, and claimed to be the son of God, able to forgive sins.

Jesus was brought before the high priest who then sent him to the governor, Pontius Pilate, where the crowd continued to be in an uproar. Jesus was examined there in the public court. The crowds kept yelling, “Crucify him! Crucify him! Crucify him!” The most noble Pontius Pilate had him flogged and sent him away to be crucified. The notorious Barabbas was set free when the crowd was given a choice between him and Jesus of Nazareth.

Sources tell us there was a trail of blood leading outside the city where his sentence of crucifixion was carried out. There were two or three other criminals executed at the same time. The other criminals’ names and accusations have not yet been released to the public. The notice on the cross above Jesus said, “This Is Jesus The King Of The Jews.”

When Jesus died, there was a huge earthquake and the sky turned dark. The priests say the curtain at the temple ripped in half from top to bottom. They have never seen anything like this before.

Some of the eyewitnesses of the events during the day Jesus was crucified had this reaction. The people said, “Truly, he was the son of God”. This seemed to be the reaction of the majority of the witnesses there that day. Although, a few remain skeptical, and think he got what he deserved. They say, “He saved others. Why couldn't he save himself if he was a son of God?” They say he spoke blasphemy.

The body of Jesus was given to Joseph of Aramathea who placed it in a grave he had hewn out by hand for himself. After a large stone was rolled over the entrance, the grave was guarded due to fears of his disciples stealing the body.

There was another earthquake in the area Sunday morning, and the guards reported the disciples did manage to steal his body. There is some confusion about how they got past the guards. It is believed they must have gotten past them while they were sleeping. Some people are saying Jesus rose from the dead. The disciples of Jesus have not been seen much since the crucifixion.

There are reports all over Jerusalem of other dead family members and friends being seen alive throughout the city. They say their graves had been opened up as well. Can anyone truly explain all of these strange events in this great city over the weekend?

Notes

Jesus is my permanent anchor!
A signature for me to use
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014092-Myterious-Events-In-Jerusalem-This-Weekend