*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014109-Its-gonna-be-fun
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1014109 added July 22, 2021 at 12:43am
Restrictions: None
It's gonna be fun!


Last night we had a wingding of a thunder storm. Gracious sakes. The thunder and lightning were so close. At one point, I swore it was right overhead, in my back yard. That moment when the lightning and thunder are simultaneous. Astounding. We had to walk outside to check for fire.

Then it rained. A lot it seemed at the time. But the rain gauge only showed 1/2 inch. That was depressing. But at least we got some moisture. And rain is a lot better than any kind of watering we can do. Our city water is sad. Such bad quality. It's full of iron and manganese. We filter it for household use, then drink reverse osmosis water. Filter it with six filters and still cannot drink it, it's that bad.

I went to play practice tonight. Musselshell Community Players is back on again this year. I have a bigger part. I lobbied for one and got it. Should be fun. But the show is mid-September, so the push is now on to learn the lines I have. Yikes. I always have fun with this group, lots of laughs. It started again tonight with one lady telling of her escapades as she fell in her bathroom. Now, she is a large woman, not fat, large. As in tall and big. And a small bathroom. After taking a shower, falling and hitting the toilet, and bruising and trying to get up and scaring a grandchild and being naked and calling a husband who was fixing breakfast somewhere else for friends and on and on. Oh my. Then it got better. After a week, she went to the doctor, got some pain pills for the pain. So she takes 1/2 of one, it helps then waits several hours, takes another 1/2 of one. Now this 1/2 of one affects her differently, with heart fluttering, she's had a stent, and high blood pressure, and rapid heartbeat, and then husband says, 'Well, let's go to the cafe and put you in the walk-in freezer, the cold will help bring down that blood pressure.' (they run the cafe in the small town) Now that's gotta be a redneck solution if I ever heard of one. She's popping nitroglyercin and he's suggesting a walk-in freezer.

You just cannot make this stuff up. No one would believe you. It's gonna be fun!




© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014109-Its-gonna-be-fun