*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014255-The-Heat-is-Back
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1014255 added July 26, 2021 at 10:14am
Restrictions: None
The Heat is Back

So it's ramping up the heat again here. No rain to speak of after that last thunder boomer. That's right, hot and dry for the forseeable future. Terrific.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=46.44734500000004&lon=-108.5434899...


The garden is doing okay. We irrigate, so all the plants get a drip of water for 45 minutes twice a day. I also water two trees, a wildflower patch and a twig that was to be a rose bush. I think I will give up on the rose bush. We also water the sod we laid two weeks ago. We've been faithfully watering that twice a day. I think it is rooting in most areas. Nice green grass, the only part of our yard that is green.

The grasshoppers are not too bad. We're putting out biological bait, seems to be helping. Other parts of the county have them bad.

No one has any hay for their animals, so everyone is crying about what to do with their cattle and sheep. The big debate, sell them all, keep a few, keep them all. How to feed them this winter? How to feed them now? No grass is growing. Heck of a deal.

I finally got word about the play with the Illustrious Musselshell Players, so I'm in the cast. I have a part, and for once more than just a few lines. The play is goofy, of course. They seem to like this type. 'Every Little Crook and Nanny'. Okay, you can probably guess. Crooks, mistaken identities, little old nannies, robbery. Comedy. I now have to memorize lines. And not hit suicidal deer on my 20 mile weekly jaunt to play practice.

Wish me luck!

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014255-The-Heat-is-Back