*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014348-God-is-Good
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1014348 added July 26, 2021 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
God is Good
For the 30 Day Blogging Challenge, the prompt today is What is a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?

As I have posted before, I have had brain surgery, for a benign brain tumor. That was by far the biggest challenge in my life. Everything else pales in comparison to having your head opened up and your brain pushed aside to remove a lump the size of a lemon.

Praise the Lord it was benign and I have had no complications from it, besides a spinal fluid leak a few years back from a blow to the head. I needed no chemo, no drugs, nothing further. Just repeat checkups for about five years, MRIs, and a pill to prevent seizures.

The incident did change my personality, so says my hubby. I did notice some changes and now try to remember the person I used to be.

I had a lot of time to think as I recovered for a month after surgery. I took a month to rest with no reading, no computer, no writing. It gave my scrambled brain time to reboot, so to say.

Things could have been so much worse. I could have awoken paralyzed, blind, or not at all. But the Lord was gracious and gave me many more years of life. For that I am thankful. I thank God every day for life and health.

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014348-God-is-Good