*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014677-Spiritual-Newsletter-Deadline-92021
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#1014677 added September 22, 2021 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
Spiritual Newsletter (Deadline 9/20/21)
Research


Editor's Picks

1. Searching
2. Only One
3. Multi-Colored Blessings
4. Divine Light
5. The Great Deliverance
6. Beyond Time
7. Your Gift Awaits You
8. My Anchor in Times of the Storm
9. Vision of Love

Heading 1

Patience

Heading 2

Patience is a virtue

Hook

When you are waiting, do you practice patience or anxious impatience?

About This Newsletter

"Placing our whole trust in God, we held fast to the cord of resignation, and with sanctified hearts we cleaved tenaciously to patience."
'Abdu’l-Bahá, Light of the World: Selected Tablets of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

“Patience is the antidote to the restless poison of the Ego. Without it we all become ego-maniacal bulls in china shops, destroying our future happiness as we blindly rush in where angels fear to tread. In these out-of-control moments, we bulldoze through the best possible outcomes for our lives, only to return to the scene of the crime later to cry over spilt milk.”
Anthon St. Maarten, Divine Living: The Essential Guide To Your True Destiny

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6

"I believe that a trusting attitude and a patient attitude go hand in hand. You see, when you let go and learn to trust God, it releases joy in your life. And when you trust God, you're able to be more patient. Patience is not just about waiting for something... it's about how you wait, or your attitude while waiting."
Joyce Meyer

"Be patient, for your patience is with the help of Allah."
Qur'an 16:127

Letter From the Editor

Patience is a virtue. As I write this newsletter, patience is a virtue I am having difficulty practicing. I am waiting for a delivery, which is supposed to come between 1:00 and 6:00 p.m. today (September 13). The items are eye drops, I need to be delivered today. It is about 3:00 p.m. and they have not yet been delivered. Since I am stuck at home, without transportation, and the pharmacy is not within reasonable walking distance (it is clear across town) I have to practice patience.

The main problem I have, at the moment, I my negative thoughts. They get worse when I am anxious! Therefore, I have to find a way to deal with them. My method of dealing with negative thoughts is to focus on something besides the problem that is causing my anxiety. In my case, I am focusing on prayer and writing, because past experiences have taught me this is the only way (for me) to deal with my negative thoughts.

Someone once told me, that when negative thoughts enter my mind to let them pass through without focusing on them. That may be very good advice, however, it is not something that I can easily accomplish. Therefore, I write and pray when confronted with negative thoughts or anxiety. Those are the only two actions that help me remain patient, while waiting.

It does not matter what I write, because it is focusing on the writing that is important. As for the prayers, I have memorized prayers revealed by Baha'u'llah, the Bab, and 'Abdu'l-Baha that helps me overcome negative thoughts and anxiety. The prayer I am saying today is the following prayer revealed by Baha'u'llah.

"He who puts his trust in God, God shall suffice him.
He who fears God, God will send him relief."

How do you practice patience? Is it easy or difficult for you to wait patiently or do you practice anxious impatience? Do you read, write, Pray, or meditate?

Editors Picks

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2255582 by Not Available.


 Only One  (E)
A spiritual poem (My first ever attempt at poetry).
#2257069 by Indrajala


 
STATIC
Multi-Colored Blessings  (ASR)
Some are bright, some are light - but they're all blessings!
#2257778 by THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS!


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2198215 by Not Available.


 The Great Deliverance   (ASR)
A terminally afflicted King will find solace from a mysterious faith.
#2257742 by brom21


 Beyond Time  (13+)
As time was born, so was I
#2240834 by Colin Holm


Submitted by Readers

 Your Gift Awaits You   (E)
Gifts are given to us in abundance. Have you noticed?
#2257213 by Mia - craving colour


STATIC
"My Anchor in Times of the Storm."   (E)
contest entry
#2242956 by dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2257162 by Not Available.



Activities, Groups, and Contests



Zeke writes: He has given us all many gifts. We must thank Him every day. For me, the greatest gift is my life partner.
Zeke

Quick-Quill writes: This was posted by A Seed A Day
Seed of Encouragement
We can’t see the wind, but we know it is there because we can feel the breeze and we see the evidence of it by the things that move when it blows. We may not be able to see God with our physical eyes, but we know by faith that He is there. We can feel Him in our hearts and see the evidence of Him working in our lives and in our situations. Faith is the evidence of things not seen, so when we see the evidence of the wind we should let that serve as a constant reminder to us that God is ALWAYS with us and that He is ALWAYS moving and working things together for our good.
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, GOD WITH US. Matthew 1:23

My response I don’t know exactly how a car works. I know if I put gas in it when the gauge shows it needs it and oil in it when the mileage reaches a certain number it works perfectly. I have faith when I put the key(or press the button) the engine will function and since I have experience in driving, I can get to where I need to go. I don’t have to build the car each time. I don’t have to dig the oil or gas. I just have to maintain the car and it will perform. God is there, even those who don’t believe benefit.

Mary Ann MCPhedran writes: My spiritual message
In the wee small hours shen I'm awake
My writing I intake
Words and ideas are in my head
Like a small child
I leap from my bed
I tap on the keyboard
My writing takes shape
and a poem I create
This inspiration
was given to me
from God
And bow my head
giving thanks and serve my Lord.

Mia - craving colour writes: Hi Prosperous Snow

Thank you for your lovely editorial on “God’s Gifts” and your understanding that we each come to them from our own spiritual paths.

Though I do not use the description “God’s gifts’ in my essay
 Your Gift Awaits You   (E)
Gifts are given to us in abundance. Have you noticed?
#2257213 by Mia - craving colour
, it is with the understanding that the very breath we take is a divine gift.

Thank you for the inspiration to write this piece.

Mia

dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG writes: My trust and faith have become stronger over many years because of my experiences, reading scripture, and prayer. Although we are living challenging times that seem to test many of us beyond our ability to endure, with God I have peace. In scripture, we are told 365 times "do not fear" I do not want to do anything foolish nor be deceived. I trust the promptings of the Holy Ghost, Jesus, and God so I am not fearful. I prepare as best I can and let God do the rest. Safe travels and many blessings.

writes:
writes:
writes:


© Copyright 2021 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014677-Spiritual-Newsletter-Deadline-92021