*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014875-August-2-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1014875 added August 2, 2021 at 9:25am
Restrictions: None
August 2, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. WilcoxImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

For my blog "Prompt: What is the best way to show a stranger the love of Christ?"

I love a prompt like this. I can sink my teeth into it for it gets down to the nuts and bolts of being a Christian. The best way to show the love of Christ to anybody is to simply do the next right thing each time. If we see somebody in need then meet that need. Don't ask "What is in this for me? Ask, what is best for them? What does the next person need?

I have walked up to perfect strangers in restaurants and paid for their meals. I have taken homeless people around to agencies to get them housed and employed. Being a Christian means doing the next right thing foor the nextr right reason.

For my blog Prompt: "I had church yesterday and preached last night so I'm behind the eight ball. Sorry. On my way back from safari in cyberspace I saw Jenn Webster who writes
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2247024 by Not Available.
about Easter. How is your church holding services?"

I know a lot of churches arre still shut down. It seems a shame that churches will voluntarily abstain from services to save lives but the nightclubs are open for people to huddle into and breathe all over each other. We all know that the patrons of bars are not observing mask rules and social distancing where churches would. I say we shut down the liquor stores and nightclubs first. Then this thing will get under control. However, we know they aren't going to shut down the titty bars and night clubs. They've got to be able to sin and frollick and destroy themselves. That's why God prophesied that pandemics would come one after anothher and they will. The new "Delta" variant will mutate and become another variant and people will continue to huddle in the mating centers and spread it.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: We need Joy as we need air. We need Love as we need water. We need each other as we need the earth we share. Maya Angelou

What do you think?

It has been a good while since I did an entry for the BCoF. I've been working like five jobs so I have been very busy. Today is a rare day and I find myself temporarily idle. So i thought I'd try to blog.

I agree with Maya Angelou. In my belief humans were created to serve their Creator and each other. As such we miss out on our purpose when we only think of ourselves. Every major religion, including Wicca and the pagan religions, have doing good as their rule. The Wiccan rede says that witches are never to cast an evil spell but only spells for good. Christianity says to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Islam has a similar rule as does Buddhism and Hinduism. Love is universal truth.

Blog City image small "Prompt: “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.” Stephen Hawking
What do you think is tragic and/or funny about life?"

I agree with Hawking and that says something for I don't agree with him on a lot of things. I don't understand his physics enough to argue with them but I know science is proving him wrong on a few things. For example, he said that nothing but a certain radiation escaped the great gravity of blackholes and scientists now find that certain gases can do so. So Hawking was wrong. However, I agree with hawking that life is both tragic and laughable. I mean, the US elected Joe Biden and thatt is a real laughable offense. It shows stupidity to the Nth degree. So life can be laughable when we laugh at our mistakes. On the other hand life is tragic. People often miss the point of life which is the biggest tragedy of all.


Signature for those who win an honorable mention at the 2020 Quill AwardsSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014875-August-2-2021