*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015145-DC-May-as-well-consider-it-a-blog-entry
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#1015145 added August 4, 2021 at 3:14pm
Restrictions: None
D/C... May as well consider it a blog entry...
This was my response to QotD today:

Jayne opened Pandora's Box so here goes...

My 3 August blog posts do not have any swear words Beholden Ned :

"A Gold of Her Own
"Air, water, earth.
"Obstacles

This one includes the word "damn". I hope that's not too much for some folks here. It's a non-fiction auto-biographical essay that was very difficult to write because I can't use names or other details even though it's been over a decade. You need to grow up among vengeful people to understand why. This comes under the 'difficult' category of D/C.

"Calling Zmitri

It's me trying to be 'open' (get out the pry bar).

Some 'religious' writers here who do not understand how certain scriptural quotes (especially OT but also NT) are used as weapons. And when faced with something they consider "sinful" they avoid the topic, retreat to quotes, or attack. Calling someone a 'sinner' is easily perceived as an attack [as sinners in the past have been stoned to death or lynched].

Annette answered a controversial 30DBC what if? with "Rainbows Coming Out Of My Nose
Writer_Mike speaks in first person from experience: "Meeting the folks

And that's part of the problem. When we speak from personal experience, as a victim or a witness [or even a perpetrator] are we "too controversial"?

When I stood blood dripping from a gash in my head from a chain wielded by a member of the 82nd Airborne... was that too personal? (near where we grew up, Fivesixer ; you were 11 years old.)

Are military folks here offended by that, Schnujo is Late to Lannister ? Or is it possible to accept that my experience was valid (and fortunately not representative).

Did anyone bother to read Elisa the Bunny Stik and her personal account of the situation in Minneapolis after Floyd was murdered? She was there. She had to deal with the aftermath. Is that too difficult or too controversial?

Some folks here focus on use of language and swear words. Others want you to know that being polite doesn't make pain any less painful or the hate any less hateful.

~320 words
Posted in "Blogville
781

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015145-DC-May-as-well-consider-it-a-blog-entry