*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015787-To-Vaccinate-Or-Not-To-Vaccinate---Editorial
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2251563
Rising Star blog
#1015787 added August 20, 2021 at 7:19pm
Restrictions: None
To Vaccinate Or Not To Vaccinate? - Editorial
To take the vaccine or not to take the vaccine for COVID-19? That is the question.


COVID-19 was first detected in the United States in February 2020 and had spread to all 50 states by the middle of March of 2020. New strands of the virus continue to develop around the world. Scientists' goal is to see at least 60% to 70% of the population vaccinated quickly to at least achieve a “herd immunity”. It is not expected for the virus to be completely wiped out, but for it to stick around as the flu has done. There have been 38,222,730 cases confirmed of the virus just in the United States alone, and 643,072 of them have resulted in death. The numbers are increasing rapidly. Religious, medical, and other concerns are among the reasons some people are hesitant to receive the vaccination considering moral values and the spread of the virus from person to person.

There are several reasons why some people are refusing to get the vaccination. If anyone has an allergy to any of the contents of the vaccine, they should not receive it. A vaccine has not been approved for children yet either. It is also recommended to not receive the vaccine if you have a history of Guillain-Barré syndrome. The vaccines are still so new, not a lot is known about them.

The religious argument with the most weight against receiving the COVID vaccine is the base component of the vaccines and how they were developed. This component contains cells, taken from the cells of an aborted fetus in the Netherlands during the 1970s or 1980s, developed in a laboratory. They use the fetal line cells to develop an immune response to the adenovirus vector.

By introducing these cells into your system, it helps your body create an immune response and protect against the virus. Scientists were able to develop the vaccine so quickly because of all the research previously performed on this method.

While the abortion occurred 40 or 50 years ago, is it morally acceptable to benefit from an abortion any time and what does this indicate for humanity in the future? Unfortunately, the vaccine is the best thing we have to fight against the spread of the pandemic right now. Without it, a multitude more people will die. On the other hand, is it right to let all these others die when something good can come from a tragic event that happened 50 years ago? Maybe the death of an unborn child In the past will save millions of lives today.

We must consider the benefits against the risks, the greater good or evil, and the overall outcome and impact receiving or not receiving the vaccine will bring. At the moment, does it seem to be both morally and physically in the interests of yourself and others to receive the vaccine to prevent the spread of this deadly virus? At this time, it is an individual's right to decide.



Word Count 496

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015787-To-Vaccinate-Or-Not-To-Vaccinate---Editorial