*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016044-AN-EXCHANGE-THIS-MORNING
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#1016044 added August 24, 2021 at 2:58am
Restrictions: None
AN EXCHANGE THIS MORNING

'The Treasure of our Home does not come from Outside'

This saying of 'different paths' is a misunderstanding, in my view. Take the tree as an example: consciousness is divided in its outer aspects, like the twigs and leaves. Already the bigger branches are more unified. When we reach the trunk we find total integration and strength.

So it is with different approaches - the more they are divided, the more they pertain to the outside mind. That is the realm of religions, of teachings to stimulate emotions and faith. But if we remain there, no real power can be found and there is still a lot of division and opposition. To reach the unified trunk, all inner practices are needed and all differences disappear inasmuch as they are applied. That is how i define spiritual practice, in contrast to emotional and philosophical perceptions of religion.

It all depends on our aim: do we understand that the human condition is limited by its fragmentations? Do we learn from suffering and aspire to get transformed? Then we will love to 'pay the price of a restricted practice', in order to reach the trunk, we restrict outer intake and cultivate samadhi and find unbounded freedom from body, mind, and personality. That ultimate state we can call God.

Discipline again: the best example is music. In order to play together, musicians have to find one tune. There is orderliness without coercion or violence. But chaos without this oneness.

Not an outer philosophy, but you and your position count. Can you guide your own powers to the heart? Or are you only emotionally or intuitively stimulated? Can you guide the little shark of seeking the outer back to the heart? Then you are your own path and no outer is too important. Outer teachings remain outside. As they say in Japan. 'What comes from outside is not the treasure of the Home.'

© Copyright 2021 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016044-AN-EXCHANGE-THIS-MORNING