*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016218-August-27-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1016218 added August 27, 2021 at 8:14am
Restrictions: None
August 27, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. WilcoxImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

For my blog "Prompt:
Do you consider yourself to be more “spiritual” or more “religious”? How are they different?"

I think these are excellent questions for self-reflection if a person has the capacity to be honest with themselves. Personally I try to be more spiritual without neglecting the religion. Jesus did not condemn religion. He condemned religion done for show. Religion in itself is good but if we practice it and leave out the spiritual we are falling short. The religion means that we do the "good works" associated with God. We keep the commandments. We tithe. We do all the things we should do.

Spirituality however means that we apply the religion to our hearts. Spirituality is an inside job. This is why Jesus condemned the Pharisees. They knew all the right actions and their actions with the exception of the ones they did for show, were good. What they lacked was spirituality. Their hearts were unchanged. Spirituality means that a heart is loving. It puts others ahead of itself.


For my blog I was cruising the Galaxy with Grumpy Woof and found this planet: Rhyssa writes bitem:2007742}

Write about this poem in your Blog entry today.

I always loved Dr. Seuss. I heard he was once in a mental institution because his family thought he was insane for wanting to write such "outrageous stories."

He laughed all the way to the bank!



Signature for those who win an honorable mention at the 2020 Quill AwardsSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016218-August-27-2021