*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017214-I-Am-Me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1017214 added September 10, 2021 at 10:34pm
Restrictions: None
I Am Me
September 10th Prompt: What qualities do you value most in yourself? List at least three of them and tell us why you have these values.
         This is my opportunity to claim that I am a humble, uncomplicated person. I don't put on airs, or aspire to dazzle anyone. I am a what-you-see-is-what-you-get kinda figure.Basically, I am human with flaws and occasional flights of fancy. Sometimes, my imagination is a bit quirky. I may prattle on and on. I ask questions and I don't necessarily expect am answer, I think out loud. At times, I speak to myself which startles me. I will admit I like to laugh and not always at the expense of others. Humour appeals to me. I shake my head at what befalls me. I have accepted that I'm a klutz and will never ever be remotely graceful, or athletic.
         I value my family. They've loved, supported, cheered,teased, counselled, argued, disagreed, and laughed at me. We are intertwined for better or worse. We share a history and there's no doubt they provide fodder for my writing. They don't always understand why I write, but they don't discourage me either.
         I am drawn to creativity. Sure, I play with words and shape them into stories, but I also like to sketch, craft, and needlepoint. I admire those who express themselves with their creations. I see it as something positive. I cherish the quilts and paintings my Nanny gifted me. Made with love is real.
         As I've mentioned, I appreciate humour and I seem to find it everywhere. There's the ludicrous, the inexplicable, the unintentional, and they all tickle my funny bone.I suppose I learned this as an impressionable child.Sharing a laugh is magical. With this philosophy I refer to my three granddaughters as 'grandgiggles.' Now they never fail to make me smile.

© Copyright 2021 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017214-I-Am-Me