*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
9
13
16
17
19
20
22
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017221-The-World-Will-Get-By
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1017221 added September 10, 2021 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
The World Will Get By
Time is what everyone would like to have more of, and I imagine the contrast between a person on WDC who wishes they could enter that competition, write that next chapter of the novel that's been in the works for umpteen years, reply to the emails, feed the family, work, sit in traffic or sleep.

It's very easy to get caught up in the day to day drudgery of life...to even get a little tired of it all, and possibly even begin to feel a bit sorry for ourselves in moments of frustration when a well planned day goes to hell.

Perspectives have a way of bringing us back down to a place where we can see things much more clearly...when we are caught up in the moments that fill the days, weeks, months and years.

Going from one catastrophe to another, with the belief that without us, the wheels will fall off and no one would get by unless we sacrificed our time...our lives, for those who rely on our undertaking.

But life doesn't always go to plan, and these can be some of the greatest challenges if we get the call about some test results we thought were simply routine, or that siren in the distance is attending someone else's loved one, as had always been in the past .

Priorities can change in an instant, yet few of us ever consider this as we busily go about our lives...far too busy to ever consider that one day, the world will have to get by without us...to contemplate the fact that it won't even skip a beat if circumstances stop us in our tracks, and life shows us whose priorities really count.

Regrets will come too late for some, and in those moments of realization, if we are lucky, or unlucky enough, whichever the case may be, to look back and wish we had seen things more clearly...had done things in a different way.

Don't be one of these people. You don't have to save the world because the world will get by with, or without you.

I don't like people telling me how to live my life because I know what I'm doing...but, if that siren is coming for me, will I think the same way then? And if those test results change everything...all my plans and everyone who relies on me, will I then still know what I am doing?

Life can be rich and rewarding, there is so much out there waiting to be discovered, but life can also be a bitch, and deal you cards you never never thought you would have to play.

It's not too late for some, to prioritize and to see what's important...that life is not about saving everyone else, it's about living to your full potential, and understanding that one day soon, one way or another, the world will have to get by without you.

© Copyright 2021 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017221-The-World-Will-Get-By