*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
9
13
16
17
19
20
22
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017158-I-Didnt-KnowBut-I-Do-Now
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1017158 added September 16, 2021 at 10:53pm
Restrictions: None
I Didn't Know...But I Do Now
My mom was taken to the hospital two days ago...a failing heart is what they suspect...low iron, 86 and smoked most of her life, it is what it is. She still has a few more rounds left in her and even though she can't see, there is still that glint in her eyes...especially when a nurse asks her to do something she simply doesn't want to do.

Because of her fluid tablets, she wet the bed yesterday, and the indignity for her was worse than what will happen if she refuses the medication, but a few quiet words from her most trusted son, and she saw that a bed can be remade, but a heart cannot, and when I left her, she had a better understanding of what's at stake...as do I.



Today, despite the not such great news from her Cardiologist, I feel really good...this feeling beats the high of meth hands down...it feels like life, which for someone who hasn't lived for a long time, feels like a cool breeze on a hot summer's day...a gift that came totally unexpected from a group of people who I don't even know. A gift that I will not discard as just another material thing that will lose its lustre and gather dust in some forgotten corner of my life. The greatest gift one human being can give to another, and I appreciate every last one of you who are in there fighting right alongside me.

This is my first blog...someone took me under their wing and showed me that I don't have to do this alone...that there are people who genuinely want to see me succeed, which gives me enough strength not to use today, and I WILL NOT use today, of that, I am certain.

Thank you to everyone who has left their best wishes...I never knew ...but now I do.

© Copyright 2021 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017158-I-Didnt-KnowBut-I-Do-Now