*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017453-Memorable-Meals
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1017453 added September 15, 2021 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
Memorable Meals
The Original Logo.
PROMPT September 15th
We've all cooked meals at one time or another. What was the most memorable meal you've prepared? Tell us who you prepared it for, and the occasion that caused you to prepare this meal.


My family loves venison. When my dad kills deer, some of it is ground into chili meat, and of course, they always share their bounty with me. My husband and I had been married about a year and a half when I decided to cook up a pot of venison chili. Never done it before, but hey, I saw my mom do it so I figured I could give it a go. Into the slow cooker goes the venison chili meat, various spices and flavorings, onion, garlic, jalepenos, and some beer for good measure. (everything's better with beer, right?). Some friends surprised us from out of town so we spent the day with them. When we all came home, the house smelled divine. Our friends decided to stay and eat as well. The wife was a vegetarian and had been for over 10 years so we made up some grilled veggies for her. But her husband was enjoying his chili so much she tried a bite - and loved it! Then she made herself a bowl, and went back for seconds. She eats meat all of the time now. So, my deer chili was such a success it turned a vegetarian into a meat lover.

Recently, I had some left over venison roast sitting in the fridge (like I said, my family loves venison). I wanted to use it, rather than being wasteful with good food. So I chopped up the roast and made pasties. This was another first. I have eaten pasties but had never attempted to make them. They were pretty good for my first try. Next time, I will make my crust dough a little lighter though. But my husband loved them.

Word Count: 321



© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017453-Memorable-Meals