*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017502-Our-Little-Secret
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#1017502 added September 16, 2021 at 8:58am
Restrictions: None
Our Little Secret
A month since my last blog post? Good heavens, how the time flies...

Well, I'm adjusting to my new life...mostly, adjusting to being the sole person responsible for the needs of an elderly house. There's a lot of work to be done. I'm determined to do all I can...I don't want to give up and run.

Am I writing? Not as much as I should be, probably. Right now the only regular piece I do is the guild mission reminder post on Saturday mornings. I've an idea in mind for the "Journey Through Genres" contest here at WDC I've got a couple of weeks to formulate, and I'm still planning on jumping into NaNoWriMo this year. I need to start disciplining myself more stridently, and actually working to achieve what I want instead of just daydreaming about it.

I also have a work project (not a writing project, really) which I'm not supposed to work on during my off time but probably will. Getting chances to work on it on the job are few and far between, and it needs to be ready by October. I'm to do the "Readers' Advisory" display for next month so naturally I picked Halloween. My last "Readers' Advisory" display was in April (I think) and it was pretty slipshod. I want this one...a celebration of the spooky fun of Halloween for all ages...to be good. There's no shortage of books in our library to support this, it's just a matter of getting them all entered on a list so I can track them down when the time comes. I also need to develop a slide, bookmarks, and maybe some signage and coming up with all this while stationed at the desk is difficult. The phone is ringing, patrons are approaching me...it's a lot of distraction.

So, I'm going to tweak it a bit this morning before heading off. This will be our little secret, WDC. I trust you. Who knows, maybe I'll even unearth an idea or two to use in my other writing probjects.

*Wink*

© Copyright 2021 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017502-Our-Little-Secret