*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017646-A-typical-work-day
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1017646 added September 18, 2021 at 9:42am
Restrictions: None
A typical work day
The Original Logo.

PROMPT September 18th

Take us through a day in your life at your job/career. Talk about some of the more important responsibilities you have as well as what your major tasks entail. It’s always interesting to see how others work

Well, since not all of us have physical paying jobs, that's a tough one to answer for me. Sometimes my days vary greatly from one to the next. They depend on what absolutely needs to be done and how much energy I have. Some days, I have absolutely no energy and it is a struggle to just get out of bed especially when pain is also a factor.

I have to take care of my dog and roommate. I will take the dog out when I wake up after I go to the restroom. Then I get my roommate set up with her tablet, phone, and drink. I make sure she doesn't need anything. I give her a pill for acid reflux. Then I go to my room and take my thyroid medicine.

We both have to wait to eat breakfast at least 30 minutes after we swallow our pills. While we wait, we usually do stuff on our tablets. She will find something to watch. I typically get on here or check Facebook.

Then I fix me and my roommate breakfast. After breakfast, we both have more medicine we have to take. So I take and distribute medicine. This is where it can vary. Depending on the time or the days obligations and on how we feel, we may lay back down for awhile. I may do housework if I am feeling up to it or I may write in my blog..

We usually have lunch around noon. Then I walk the elderly neighbor’s dog and my dog. If I feel up to it I may do some more errands around the house, and if not I will rest in front of my fan until I do. This is usually the time frame for completing things around the house. By around 4, we are usually starting to get hungry again.

I will typically do dishes, then I fix dinner. We will eat dinner usually by 6 or 7. I will typically give evening meds around 7:30 or 8. Then I walk our dog and the neighbor’s again and sometimes the neighbor too. I keep teasing her about getting her a leash too. She laughs because she knows I am joking.

After this, I usually write and try to wind down. Then I have my Bible reading/ prayer time and then it is usually bedtime.

Sometimes, I have errands to run away from home in the afternoons. Most of the time I have to force myself to do a lot because I hurt and I just don't have any energy. Some days, I do good to do the bare minimum. I also assist my roommate getting dressed and with bathing/personal hygiene.




© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017646-A-typical-work-day