*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017680-Rude-to-read-at-dinner
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1017680 added September 18, 2021 at 5:10pm
Restrictions: None
Rude to read at dinner?
Blog City image small


“Reading at meals is considered rude in polite society, but if you expect to succeed as a writer, rudeness should be the second-to-least of your concerns. The least of all should be polite society and what it expects.”― Stephen King

How do you feel about someone reading through dinner? Do you agree with King that exceptions should be made?


Reading during dinner is rude? Oops! I do it all the time. Lol Well, I don't always do it in public when I am spending time with other people. I have some mixed feelings here.

When you are supposed to be spending time with people you are not always around, then it is rude not to give them your undivided attention. Sometimes certain people can cross your path that you don't enjoy being in their company but you are expected to endure some meals with such as relatives of your best friend.

When at a restaurant and in unpleasant company, I will take out my phone and do something on it while waiting for the food to arrive because I really don't want to be involved in the conversation. Call it rude if you want to. I call it a coping mechanism. These people really don't want to know what I truly think. Trust me on that. Sometimes you have to pick the lesser evil.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017680-Rude-to-read-at-dinner