*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017734-Bucket-List
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1017734 added September 19, 2021 at 9:59pm
Restrictions: None
Bucket List
The Original Logo.
PROMPT September 19th
Look at the photos below. Choose any three of them and write a short story (<500 words) to tie them together. (These are photos from my travels around the world. Read the photo description to learn more about it)

Most everyone has a bucket list they would like to accomplish before they breathe their final breath. I've not thought much about it, even though doctors said about five years ago that my days are numbered. Perhaps I would like to travel around the world, seeing sights I have only seen on film or in pictures. I know it would be amazing to view Geronimo's gravesite. Things like that have always interested me. I have seen other Native American burial sites and plenty of cemeteries dating hundreds ago. My family cemetery itself was established back in the early 1800's. History enthralls me. That's why it would be equally as interesting to me to visit the Original San Geronimo Church Taos, Pueblo. To go and absorb some of the Puebloan culture, visiting the gravesites and seeing the original and rebuilt churches at the site, it would be a spiritual journey for me. Getting back to the roots of my roots. Much of my Native American heritage has been lost through the generations, but still some things remain. Like the call of my ancestors, places like this call me to them.
But maybe I could go in an entirely different direction and visit the castle made famous by Mary Shelley. Imagine, checking out a castle that an alchemist had lived and practiced in! I gave a talk on Dipple once, about ten years ago. He was such an interesting character. It is easy to believe that he and the castle in which he lived had inspired Mary Shelley to write a novel which would later become a classic.


Word Count: 323
Prompts: Geronimo's grave; The Original San Geronimo Church Taos, Pueblo; Frankenstein's Castle

© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017734-Bucket-List