*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018042-Barney-Finally-Got-Caught-and-Other-News
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#1018042 added September 25, 2021 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
Barney Finally Got Caught and Other News
*Cow*

A few entries ago I posted about an escaped bull whom I dubbed Ferdinand, alas the local media named him Barney. I guess I don't have much pull with the local media!?! Barney eluded capture for several weeks until he was finally enticed into a trap of sorts baited with Bull Treats (I Have No Idea). After his capture and a visit with a Vet, he was taken to his forever home, a sanctuary where he'll live happily ever after. Although his first reaction was to jump the fence of the holding pen he was in, Barney does now seem to be settling in nicely. YAY!

In Other News, I gave myself a little bit of a scare.

*EyesLeft*

I noticed a new phenomenon in my right eye, a slivery flash of light in my peripheral vision. That of course sent me scurrying to Google. Of course, the medical team on Google couldn't decide if I had a detached retina or hemorrhoids. Accompanying the flash, was what I perceived as swelling/pressure on my right eye. Naturally, I panicked and feared the worst, fearing my diabetes had reared its ugly head and was attacking my eyes.

A visit to my trusted Eye Doctor however solved the problem. A full exam, including dilation, showed my eyes to by in good health with no changes since my last exam.

The slivery flash? Floaters! We all have them, and our brains filter them out. But. when they move, which apparently they do, the brain loses track of them and we notice them. The little buggers are reflective, hence the neon explosion I witnessed at night.

The pressure? My sinuses, driven by allergies, are swollen. Translating to a feeling of pressure on my eyes. Regular Doctor changed my allergy regimen and that seems to be working.

The last of the eye saga? — Both Doctors seem to be united in the fact that I have been spending too much time on screen. So I am now practicing a time on/time off schedule, with Alexa nagging me to get off the screen periodically. YAY!

And the last of my news?

*Printer*

I've signed up for the "October Novel Prep Challenge, not sure how I'll do or if I'll be able to keep up, but I am going to try! I like the format because the tasks/challenges are laid out in advance, and I can work ahead a bit, and hopefully won't fall behind or succumb to self-induced pressure.

So if you're looking for me, I might be hiding here, ""Bilton" - October NaNoWriMo Prep Log" — That is when Alexa lets me, feel free to stop by, as always comments and critiques are welcome. A Nervous/Scaredy Cat YAY!

© Copyright 2021 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018042-Barney-Finally-Got-Caught-and-Other-News