*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018353-To-Wax-Poetic
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1018353 added September 29, 2021 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
To Wax Poetic
PROMPT September 29th

A different kind of prompt tonight. "Speak soft my name" Tell us your thoughts about it. You don't need to write a review of this poem, read it, tell us what you think.
         
         
         
         
Well, this is a first, reading and dissecting another WDCer's piece of poetry. I am familiar with some of Kåre Enga in Montana 's creative writing, his blog posts, and his remarks about other blogs. He always has a considered often thoughtful comment. This is a first reading for me of this particular poem.
         My initial impression is of strong , fierce, powerful imagery. I can both see and feel the strength of the waves as they surge, as they pummel, as they recede. They are a life force not to be denied. They have a purpose, a mission.
         The mighty waves act as a wielder of retribution. They serve to wipe out, to destroy, but they also herald a new beginning. The water cleanses, purifies, creates a fresh landscape.
         A tsunami demands respect and admiration. It strikes with a practiced and lethal hand. It is the stuff of legend and as such unparalleled. Yes, 'speak soft my name" lest you awaken that devastating force.

© Copyright 2021 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018353-To-Wax-Poetic