*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
9
13
16
17
19
20
22
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018384-Celebrate-Your-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1018384 added September 30, 2021 at 7:03am
Restrictions: None
Celebrate Your Life
My Internet is down due to storms, and as much as it is annoying, nowadays, I am looking at things from
a better place.

I'm not high anymore, and so, I am seeing things in a different light. I now realise how lucky I am just to have access to the net...to clean water and to free councelling services.

Yes...we have lockdowns here in Australia (boohoo), but that's for the greater good of the community (and it works, regardless of how the small, but noisy minority feels about that).

We can't travel overseas yet, but once we, the silent majority who are willing to do what's necessary for us to gain the upper hand on this pandemic, have rolled up our sleeves, then that is only months away (or within the year, depending on the attitude and uptake of each individual country).

The light is no longer at the end of the tunnel...it's right there, and I can't wait to see how we, the people of this world, come through this most difficult of times.

I hope there will be celebrations...and a new awareness of what's important and what isn't. And how we can do things differently, which will help prevent future pandemics from occurring.

Perhaps this could be looked at as something akin to nearly losing your life, and that feeling afterwards of appreciation for the world as a whole...we can never go back to normal...but a new normal? Yes.

Since the dawn of time, there have been changes...everything changes, and that's just the way it is.

Another day without meth...another day closer to my goals...another day to celebrate life.

You don't have to be a recovering addict to do that, you just have to understand and appreciate that each and every day you are alive is worthy of celebration.

© Copyright 2021 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018384-Celebrate-Your-Life