*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018260-The-Strange-Phenomenon-of-the-Growing-Pants
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1018260 added September 29, 2021 at 6:36am
Restrictions: None
The Strange Phenomenon of the Growing Pants
Wow...what a day. I won't go into detail and bore you, but I'm pretty beat.

Last night's meet was once again interesting. Vicki was not in...sick. The receptionist was going to can the meeting altogether, but I let her know I wasn't very happy about that, and so, she got a lady called Ruth to take the group...group being three people...again...me being the only common denominator. There was a woman around my age...meth and still using and an Irishman called John who was drunk and insisted he had to be there on a court order. The girl was court-ordered to and well, it feels a little disappointing when you realise you're the only one there who isn't high or drunk and actually wants to stop.

Being high at a meeting kinda defeats the purpose I think, and I doubt Vicki would have allowed John to stay...I know I definitely wouldn't have. He was boisterous and talking a lot of shit and a couple of times I thought about telling him something about himself...especially when he said, "Druggies."

I pipped up with, "You do know alcohol is a drug, don't you?"

He then mentioned his bad temper. I didn't mention my 11 years of Muay Thai training because I was saving that as a surprise for him in case his temper got the better of him...but, ironically enough at the end (finished half an hour early) he asked me which way I was headed, and I dropped him off at his building...which was on my way anyway. He even asked me if I wanted to go drinking with him the next day, but I politely declined...he wasn't a bad bloke, just not sober.

I'm going to call the counsellors tomorrow (just too busy to do it today) and ask if this is how it's always going to be.

I want to surround myself with people who have hit rock bottom and know which way is up.

Still riding my bike most days...eating better too. I don't know how this happens, but somehow, all my pants are getting bigger.

Today, I didn't use...and for that, I am so grateful.

© Copyright 2021 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018260-The-Strange-Phenomenon-of-the-Growing-Pants