*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018626-Oct-02---Plot-Premise--
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2259506
Nano prep book
#1018626 added October 9, 2021 at 3:36am
Restrictions: None
Oct. 02: - Plot: Premise ֎
(1) Setting(s). Where does my story take place?

I think I will use my current or prior backyard. Backyards always seems to be a good idea. But it also takes place in various locations where the time travelers jump to.

(2) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) my main character(s)?

Angela Altuve is the young girl.

(Matthew "Doc" Watts is the disgraced scientist.)

(2b) Flaw(s). What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)?

That is an interesting question. That is what I am here to discover.
She is a dragon within girl, loves gold, has a lair to keep it in, is fierce, wants to use it to help youngsters like her young self. So what would be her flaw? I know dragons are typically solitary, so that could be part of it. Doc wants her to find someone and she is resistant, and that resistance bites her in the ass when she needs back up.

Fierce – Marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid.

What else? Impatient may work. Needing more gold and taking too many risks.

Impatient – Unable to wait patiently or tolerate delay; restless. Unable to endure irritation or opposition; intolerant.

Maybe along those lines, reckless.

Reckless – Heedless. Headstrong. Foolhardy. Unthinking boldness, wild carelessness and disregard for consequences.

And with that, stubborn.

Stubborn – Unreasonably, often perversely unyielding; bull-headed. Firmly resolved or determined; resolute.

So, will these be some things she can change? I think so, albeit, not easily, which is good.

(2c) Goal(s). What does the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)?

She wants to acquire wealth in order to create a national organization to take care of homeless youth, orphans and foster kids. She wants to not get caught while she is in the past. She also wanted to retain control over the time travel device, as the GG (great-grandson) suspects it is a possibility that Doc made it and if so, he fells he is the rightful owner once Doc passed away.

(3) Conflict(s). What's keeping them from their goal(s)?

Her initial goal is the gathering of wealth (gold) from the past. That is threatened by the great-grand and his desire to get his hands on the device.

(4) Antagonist(s). Who or what is creating the conflict(s)?

Gregory Watts is Doc's great-grandson.

Just for fun: Write a provocative one-sentence description of your story.

A disgraced scientist develops a time travel device that is used by a young girl to steal from the evil doers in the past and invest it in the future for kids like her.

Oct. 02: - Plot: Premise
© Copyright 2021 NeedingBeachDuf πŸ β›΅πŸοΈ (UN: meduf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NeedingBeachDuf πŸ β›΅πŸοΈ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018626-Oct-02---Plot-Premise--