*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018724-Plot-climax
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2251563
Rising Star blog
#1018724 added October 5, 2021 at 6:19pm
Restrictions: None
Plot climax
Plot: Climax (Where is the story going?) ▼

Where is your story going? Describe the climax, the point at which everything changes and the tension of the primary conflict is finally resolved. Use the ""What If"" brainstorming exercise to create a list of possibilities, remembering to consider the growth of / change in your main character(s) as a result of this event. The climax can be as hidden and seemingly tiny as that moment when your character finally makes that decision they've been dreading or avoiding for fifteen chapters, or it can be as huge and obvious as an exploding planet. Sometimes, the climax is a little hard to pin down. Was it the moment Ender won his game? Or was it the moment he realized the moving images on his screen were not a simulation, not the game he thought it was, and that he had just personally wiped out an entire alien race?

As Ruth sat on the park bench watching the activities of the other people, she finally started to feel a sense of peace within herself. The house had been saved. She had been able to help others. She was able to close out Mike's business dealings. She had her job at the grocery store, and she was figuring out how to live again on her own. There would always be a part of her missing without Mike, but she finally felt like she had reached a point where she could live with it. She looked up at the partly cloudy sky and began to thank God for bringing her through her grief. She thanked him for the promises in the Bible she had learned to depend upon, and she thanked him for using her grief to help other people.

a signature image created for Marvelous Friend

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018724-Plot-climax