*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019070-Oct-12---General-Theme-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2259506
Nano prep book
#1019070 added October 10, 2021 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
Oct. 12: - General: Theme ֎
(1) Theme. What is the theme (see below) or moral of the story?

"The central theme of (piece of writing) is (author's position on topic). When (event from the story) happens, it results in (blank), which demonstrates (some element of the theme)."

When Gregory steals the time travel device from Angela, he sets about a catastrophic time for humans as he becomes a worldwide tyrant, which demonstrates that power is a corruptible thing. Power has to be used responsibly or it is devastating.


(2) Resolution. Brainstorm ways you could resolve the conflict(s) within the confines of the theme. You are not required to identify a chosen resolution from your list of possibilities yet, so really think outside the box! Anything goes.

The resolution is that Gregory cannot be allowed to stay in power. That the device must be used responsibly and then protected or destroyed.


Oct. 12: - General: Theme
© Copyright 2021 NeedingBeachDuf 🐠⛵🏝️ (UN: meduf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NeedingBeachDuf 🐠⛵🏝️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019070-Oct-12---General-Theme-