*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019365-Antagonist-profile
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2251563
Rising Star blog
#1019365 added October 15, 2021 at 10:57pm
Restrictions: None
Antagonist profile
Character: Antagonist Profile

Draft a profile of the antagonist(s) you identified in the ""Premise"" assignment. If your antagonist is a situation rather than a person, choose another minor (but significant) character to profile.

Grief: Denial, shock, depression, sadness, bargaining, anger, and acceptance; the emotional roller coaster of grief. One moment, you are happily remembering a good time that you had with your lost loved one and the next moment you are washed over with sadness and the tears are flowing uncontrollably. You find it hard to believe and accept that your loved one is gone. You feel like you are walking around in a daze for awhile before reality finally takes hold of you.

Then you are faced with the harsh reality that you will never see this person on Earth again. They are gone for the rest of your life. You must now go on with life without them.

You go from sadness to anger and back to sadness again. You cry until you think you just can not cry another tear. Then a numbness sets in. You feel drained and empty from your significant loss. You wonder how you will ever live without them.

For a while it seems like you are just going through the motions of living as you sink into depression. Obstacles of life feel like they are going to overwhelm and overtake you. You express anger at God and yourself. You go through all the if only this had happened or if only I had done this or that, if only the disease was caught sooner, if only we had tried a different treatment option, and on and on it goes, if only....

You wish it wasn't so. How could this be happening? What did you do to deserve this? Why did your loved one have to die and not someone else who wasn't as good as them? Was there anything I could have done to prevent this, you ask yourself? You throw your tantrums. You hit your bed. You yell at God. You become exhausted and just drained by this grief. It almost takes everything out of you. You aren't yourself for awhile. Will this hole in your heart ever mend? When does it stop?

Slowly, day by day, you begin to learn to cope with your new reality. You don't like it, but your life goes on. You relearn how to live life without your loved one in it. You may have to get counseling or take medication or get other medical treatment, but one day the sun shines again and you are able to accept your new reality.




a signature image created for Marvelous Friend

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019365-Antagonist-profile