*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019380-Memory
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2025458
A blog not so much for daily activities but to reflect on my past & my experiences.
#1019380 added October 15, 2021 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
Memory
Memory is an odd thing. I was reminiscing to myself just recently that, looking at a photo of the final year of my primary school (I think you would call it Elementary school in USA), and this was in 1953, that I could still remember pretty well all their names, and the names of a few who were absent on that day. But I can’t remember where I’ve put my keys.

This made me reflect on the changes in names over the past sixty or so years. Gone are the Pamelas, Maureens, Sheilas and Marians. Gone are the Brians, Terrys (and the good Lord forbid Terrence) Russells and Keiths. And Brayden, Scott, Elisha and Jorja were wholly unknown. Ah, but my primary school crush was Anne, who I still remember with a secret smile. And so the world changes, and we with it. Well, we’d better if we don’t want to be left behind.

© Copyright 2021 ☮ The Grum Of Grums (UN: bumblegrum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
☮ The Grum Of Grums has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019380-Memory