*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963484-Two-months-hospital-and-rehabilitation-And-then-the-flu
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2025458
A blog not so much for daily activities but to reflect on my past & my experiences.
#963484 added July 31, 2019 at 6:16am
Restrictions: None
Two months hospital and rehabilitation. And then the ‘flu!
Well, the operation went well, and I started the rehabilitation process quite well. But I might post this to JAFBG because I was scheduled to go home today, but no, I’m being held in quarantine because, apparently I have contracted influenza A.

Oh yes, I did have the influenza vaccination, but my GP told me, “well, yes, i’ve had a few patients with the ‘flu after having been vaccinated.” Oh great, Why me? Now I’m going to be isolated for another week, having to stay within four walls with my only individual contact being with ‘carers’ All wearing surgical masks.

Unfortunately, this is inevitable, but at least I can use my iPad to.contact WdC inter alia. And catch up on my reading, and maybe some writing, too, if the mood takes me! I’ve been away from home for a little over two months, so I guess I’ll be able to tolerate one more week, although I don’t have any option!

At 77, one doesn’t have too many weeks to waste, so I’d better use my time positively. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, so it’s a question of walking the walk, not just talking the talk, as I’m very prone to do. (How come one is prone to do things and not supine to do so? Language, language, language.)

© Copyright 2019 ☮ The Grum Of Grums (UN: bumblegrum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
☮ The Grum Of Grums has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963484-Two-months-hospital-and-rehabilitation-And-then-the-flu