*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019444-Oct-18---Setting-Cultural-Setting-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2259506
Nano prep book
#1019444 added October 15, 2021 at 10:05pm
Restrictions: None
Oct. 18: - Setting: Cultural Setting ֎
Describe the cultural, political and/or religious setting in your novel, regardless of whether the cultural setting is fictional, historical, or modern.
(1) What do your societies believe?


My world is the same as our world, with the exception of time traveling forward and back in time.

(2) In what practices do they engage?

I don't know how to answer that. It is not like it is different than real life.

(3) What laws or rules of society are in place?

Same as planet Earth.

(4) Who/what enforces the laws and rules and how successful are they?

Same as planet Earth of today and yesterday.

(5) What technologies are in use?

Now this is the closest to applying in my story. A device that makes time travel possible. I need to work on the verbiage of how Doc describes it working.

(6) How does the setting impact your protagonist(s) in their pre-story lives?

There are issues here in the places that they travel to. California gold rush is one. I need to look at what I have written to see if I need to do more research on that area and time.

(7) How does the setting impact the plot of your story?

It does impact it a bit. The fact that jumping back and forward in time needs some research, needs period specific clothing, adds some complexity in buying the land, which is where Journey comes in to pose as Angela's great, great-grandpa. That way they have a vehicle to move all of the gold with less suspicion.

Oct. 18: - Setting: Cultural Setting


© Copyright 2021 NeedingBeachDuf 🐠⛵🏝️ (UN: meduf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NeedingBeachDuf 🐠⛵🏝️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019444-Oct-18---Setting-Cultural-Setting-