*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019685-Oct-29---Plot-Premise-Revision--
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2259506
Nano prep book
#1019685 added October 19, 2021 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
Oct. 29: - Plot: Premise Revision ֎
Now that you have spent a month planning your novel, revise your initial premise. Identify the following:
(1) Setting(s). Where does your story take place?

It takes place in Houston, West Texas and backwards and forwards in time. Also in California in the 1840s.

(2) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?

Angela Altuve
Doc Watts
Gregory Watts
Sandy
Steve Perry (Journey)
Buddy

         (2b) Flaw(s). What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)?

She is a dragon within girl, loves gold, has a lair to keep it in, is fierce, wants to use it to help youngsters like her young self. So what would be her flaw?

I know dragons are typically solitary, so that could be part of it. Doc wants her to find someone and she is resistant, and that resistance bites her in the ass when she needs back up.

         Fierce – Marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid. (I think she could be fierce but not inclined to act violently)

What else? Impatient may work. Needing more gold and taking too many risks. Worried that the device may stop working, is destroyed, or worse she loses is due to Gregory.

         Impatient – Unable to wait patiently or tolerate delay; restless. Unable to endure irritation or opposition; intolerant.

Maybe along those lines, reckless.

         Reckless – Heedless. Headstrong. Foolhardy. Unthinking boldness, wild carelessness and disregard for consequences.

And with that, stubborn.

         Stubborn – Unreasonably, often perversely unyielding; bull-headed. Firmly resolved or determined; resolute.

So, will these be some things she can change? I think so, albeit, not easily, which is good. I think a little reckless, a little fierce with stubborn and impatient is a good mix.

But does any of this relate to Gregory and his taking of the device? Or ultimately his death?

The impatience comes into play when Gregory makes his threat and she still keeps going on the California trip and going to the lair. Getting seen by Gregory is the consequence there.

She is a bit impulsive. The thought of buying a gold mine to help move the gold with less scrutiny gets her to looking for a mine to buy immediately. Fixated on getting the gold to fund her dream of a better system for kids in the US may grow to the world, thinking that she can get even more for more kids. Maybe Sandy can talk some sense into her and go with stocks. Go back and buy Microsoft, Amazon, all that when it is new with a little money she'll make a bundle. It would be a lot less dangerous.


         (2c) Goal(s). What does(d) the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)?

She wants lots of gold for the worst people she can find to fund her project to help the kids like her. And she wants to keep the device out of others hands especially Gregory's.

(3) Conflict(s). What's keeping them from their goal(s)?

Well, people want to keep what is theirs, so there is that. Then there is the action and danger of time travel. Then Gregory wants the device.

(4) Antagonist(s). Who or what is creating the conflict(s)?

The conflict for the antagonist, Gregory, is that Angela has the device and won't give it to him, so he has to figure out how to take it or convince her to give it to him, no matter how.

(5) Resolution. How does it all turn out in the end?

Angela goes for the less dangerous manners of gathering wealth at the suggestion of Sand. They are getting closer. She keeps the device, but Gregory loses his life.

(6) Theme: What is the theme or moral of the story?

When Gregory steals the time travel device from Angela, he sets about a catastrophic time for humans as he becomes a worldwide tyrant, which demonstrates that power is a corruptible thing. Power has to be used responsibly or it is devastating.

The actual stealing I still have to figure out. If Gregory takes Susan and Angela takes up Buddy's offer of help, which just makes it worse for her. Would she bring the device to trade for Sandy? She values Sandy, but is it intense enough for her to trade the device for? She has a backup device, how will that help? Can she go back and keep Sandy safe? Would she think to do that? Would she know where she was? Can she stop him from just doing it again?

How does he best get it from her? Tracking device on her car helps. Telling her to bring the device or she'll get Sandy back in pieces, might be enough to get her to do it. Maybe she figures she can jump back and fix the situation easily, but it goes all wrong. But how? Ummmm... how does he avoid her in jumping back? He doesn't know she has a 2nd device. Can he disappear and Angela not be able to find him in the past? Not unless he dies somewhere. Ah... that might be it. Doc kills him before he can began his tyranny?

Then when Angela can't find him, the chapter turns to a Gregory POV and GG shows up.


(7) Outline: Update your outline as needed.

Done

Oct. 29: - Plot: Premise Revision



© Copyright 2021 NeedingBeachDuf 🐠⛵🏝️ (UN: meduf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NeedingBeachDuf 🐠⛵🏝️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019685-Oct-29---Plot-Premise-Revision--