*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019889-Alcohol-is-the-Solution
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1019889 added October 22, 2021 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
Alcohol is the Solution
5. Sitting at the bar you have a lively conversation with Andre. But it seems as though everyone else is ignoring you. As you glass at the mirror, you realize that you have no reflection.

*Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey*


It had been a long and stressful day. I had been forced to deal with too many people while taking care of necessities around town. Once finally done with all of my errands, I chose to stop by the Banana Bar for a few drinks to help me unwind. Instead of sitting in my usual place, I chose a secluded seat far away from the other patrons. I didn't think I could handle interacting with too many more people. The last lady I had to deal with sealed the deal on that issue. She was the rudest, most self-important person I had the misfortune to come across in a long time - and I was just in there trying to pay my water bill! So, I sat away from other people in the hopes that I could just have some time to myself. Needing a stiff one to start things off, I ordered my drink, a Yellow Submarine. Andre himself brought it over, swinging from the rope rings in the ceiling toward where I sat. He set the drink on the table and told me to let him know when I was ready for another. Tasting the drink, I smiled. It was just what the doctor ordered. Each of the liquors used in the drink could be tasted. Unlike your usual vodka martini, the Yellow Submarine had the added twist of banana liqueur and a backdrop of spiced rum. It was delicious! I drank it down in no time flat and signaled Andre that I was ready to order another drink. I thought this time I would be more adventurous so when Andre swung over to see what I'd like to order, I asked for a Talking Monkey. The menu made it sound delightful. The creamy mix of chocolate vodka and banana liqueur accented with a bit of espresso vodka and some coffee liqueur was the sure thing to help me forget about the stress of the day. It was an indulgence I had been hesitant to try until then. Andre brought it over and I asked him to stay and chat if he didn't have anyone else to see to at the bar. He climbed up into the chair opposite me and we began chit-chatting.

I bet you're wondering why I would ask Andre to stay and talk if I wanted to be alone. Well, I didn't exactly want to be alone, I just didn't want to be around other people. Andre has a way of making light of everything and cheering people up. I needed that right then more than anything.

When I finished my first Talking Monkey, I asked Andre for another, then another. Our conversation grew loud and animated and I was getting tipsy. No one seemed to be bothered by it though. Then Andre said something so funny that I snorted with laughter and blew my drink out of my nose. I took a minute to check the mirror to help me clean up a bit. To my surprise, I couldn't see myself in the mirror even though it was just a meter or so away. I could see everyone else's reflections, even those seated at tables farther back in the bar from where I sat. Just no me. Or Andre. "Well no wonder our conversation hasn't gotten looks from the other people in the bar," I said to Andre, "We're not really here - or we're vampires. Are there such things as vampire monkeys Andre?" I suppose that was more than even Andre could take and he bust out with such a loud chattering laugh I was sure we would get some attention or the sound would shatter the mirror. But none of that happened either. It seemed as though I got my evening wish, for people to just leave me alone. I drank one final drink, a shooter of Bazooka Joe, then bid my farewell to Andre and thanked him for the excellent evening. It turned out, Andre's Banana Bar was the best place I could have gone to de-stress after the horrible day I had been having. And I learned something during my visit - for some problems, alcohol is the solution.

** Image ID #2260577 Unavailable **


*Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey**Banana**Monkey*


Word count



© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019889-Alcohol-is-the-Solution