*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020076-October-25-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1020076 added October 25, 2021 at 9:47am
Restrictions: None
October 25, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. WilcoxImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

For my blog "Prompt: How do you discern the presence of God in your life?"

I don't want to sound nit-picky but I want to be doctrinally sound. I believe it can be dangerous for us to want to discern the presence of God in our lives. The reason I say that is because Hebrews 11:1 defines faith as "the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

If we spend our time seeking to "feel God's presence or have the hair on the back of our neck stand up due to His overwhelming presence, we undermine faith. True faith is believing that God is there even when we don't feel Him. True faith is never doubting God and knowing that even when I am in the middle of my worst possible storm, God is right there beside me whether I "feel" Him or not. Faith needs no evidence of God's presence because the faith itself IS the evidence.

For my blog I apologize for the delayed prompt. I got home late last night and was a little sick this morning. I went to sickbay and they diagnosed me as not getting proper sleep.

On the way to sickbay, we put into port at a familiar star. Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox , our second in command, writes
STATIC
Solar Eclipse  (E)
A poem about the solar eclipse.
#2130646 by Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox
. What do you think?

I remember the lunar eclipse of the 1990's. I was selling vaccuum cleaners at the time and I was with a customer when the sky became as black as night at noon! The customer took it as an omen and bought the sweeper. It was the only one I ever sold.





Signature for those who win an honorable mention at the 2020 Quill AwardsSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020076-October-25-2021