*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020655-30-day-Blogging-Nov-2-2021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1020655 added November 2, 2021 at 3:33pm
Restrictions: None
30 day Blogging-Nov 2, 2021
November 2nd

You are curator of a museum. This museum has an area of interest to you.
Take us on a guided tour of your latest exhibition.

The Museum area is New Frontiers in Women’s Healthcare

When you come in, you are given a coral colored card with a fictional person’s name and medical condition along with some healthcare history.

I believe that women are so busy taking care of families and working, even caring for their elderly parents that they ignore their own health.

I see a restful area with mauve, salmon and aqua colors, plush stuffed sofas and chairs. I would also offer juices/herbal teas. Music would be sea sounds or a bubbling brook. There would be information on different forms of Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates.

There will be an area that deals with latest techniques in breast, ovarian and uterine cancer. So many women don’t know how to do a proper self breast exam, whether they need a mammogram or ultrasound. They don’t know about reconstruction breast surgery and how a malignant tumor can be removed with a lumpectomy and follow by radiation so no mastectomy is needed. Ovarian cancer used to be death sentence and there are new chemotherapies, immunotherapies that are used now. I would have professionals trained to personally speak with people and make recommendations.

Another area will deal with advances in infertility treatments. It would be very hands on with video screens answering any questions you might have about medications, procedures and how to pick a specialist. There will also be the latest in Labor and Delivery Suites and an NICU nursery setup.

I would personally include reproductive health with all options including abortion and what is involved. Good nutrition at each stage of life and exercise plus alternative therapies would be addressed. There would also be an area that deals with domestic abuse and a rape crisis center setup.

After experiencing the center you can test yourself on what you learned about the medical condition that is on your card, if you want, at a computer station.

A gift bag would have a protein bar, soothing herbal lotion for skin and a variety of herbal tea bags also a discount coupon for a massage.


Does anyone want to come by?

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020655-30-day-Blogging-Nov-2-2021