*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020733-Bogging-Entry-for-113
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1020733 added November 4, 2021 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
Bogging Entry for 11/3
Day 3279: November 3, 2021

Prompt: Start you blog entry with the following and tell us what you saw: Once in November, I stood looking out the window ...

I have to climb into the time machine for this one and go back to 1971. It is November 6th and I am only 18 but think I am all grown up. I live with my parents, am going to junior college and working full time in retail at Rich’s. I also was just coming from a very serious relationship with a man that was twelve years older. We had been engaged, were planning a church wedding and I broke it up. I wasn't sure.

Looking out the window, I am waiting for a certain redheaded guy to drive up in his 1970 black Cougar and pick me up for a party. I am wearing a purple velour top and flare leg pants with boots. My hair is long and I have on hoop earrings. I am wearing Yardley makeup and think I look pretty cool and hip. There is a chill in the air and a warm place in my heart for this special guy. He is my manager and has been my date on several occasions. There are a dozen red long stemmed roses that were delivered earlier on the coffee table. We have been going to lunch together almost everyday for the last three months.

He picks me up and we drive to a modest home for a party, an adult birthday for one of his employees. I remember dancing to Janis Joplin, Motown, Marvin Gaye, The Beatles and the Stones. The punch was potent, a combo of a couple of liquors. Finger foods were served. My date had worked all day so he was in his suit. I remember his shirt matched my outfit. Yes, it was a lighter purple and the suit was plaid with a lavender tone.
It was the 70’s!!

We had a great time together and we were feeling no pain when he suggested going for a drive.

I look back and have no idea how we drove from Atlanta and wound up in Anniston, Alabama. Talking to each other came so naturally and we were lost in a world of our own. I felt like someone finally really understood who I was. We checked into a Holiday Inn, made sweet love and spend the night in each others arms. The following morning we wound up at a Waffle House talking about getting married. It all seemed so magical and meant to be, I was floating on a cloud. Surely, this must be what real love feels like. I didn't want to ever be away from him again.

Monday morning we were at the courthouse and I barely remember the ceremony except his hand clasping mine so tightly I thought he would break my fingers. The ring had come from a Woolworth’s. We were in the same clothes from Friday.

It was an impulsive strange beginning that I realize was partly a rebound relationship. I know now that a person can have all different kinds of love in one lifetime. We aren't the same people in our teens that we are in out thirties or our sixties.

The marriage lasted twenty years, produced two great kids and we had many special times together. I don’t regret a single thing.

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020733-Bogging-Entry-for-113