*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020901-Sharing-Is-Caring---Hypothetically
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#1020901 added November 5, 2021 at 12:14pm
Restrictions: None
Sharing Is Caring - Hypothetically!
Authors Note

PROMPT – November 5th.You arrive at work today with five donuts and five coffees for the people who are scheduled to be there. But you have a problem. Counting you, six people are there, and all of you love coffee and donuts! How do you and your friends resolve this?

*Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey**Turkey*


I need to stress that this is purely a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question!

Okay, the premise; I have somehow managed to show up at work with only enough coffee and donuts for the people I expected to be there. Unfortunately, there is an additional person present, how do we solve the dilemma?

Actually, the solution is quite simple;

First the coffee. I never make anyone's coffee. Meaning that I always buy large black coffees, provide sugar, often in packets, and provide some form of creamer. I used to buy just Half & Half, but now I would have also brought a flavored creamer.

We would have scrounged up an appropriate vessel, and each of the five original coffees would have sacrificed a gulp to create a sixth cup.

Coffee Solved.

Donuts, again a simple solution, we would have cut each donut in half, creating ten pieces, and shared the results.

Donuts Solved.

Now, why was that a theoretical answer?

For two very simple reasons;

Again, first, the coffee, whenever I was in the position of buying coffee I would have opted for the Box O' Joe concept, which is a disposable thermal box that holds multiple cups (8 oz. cups), in this case for five folks I would have bought two ten cuppers. According to Lilith of House Martell an 8 oz. cup qualifies as a coffee shot, not a real cup o' joe.

As for the donuts, I would never show up with less than a dozen and there'd be other stuff, like a box or two of munchkins in the mix.


New Image for the 30DBC

© Copyright 2021 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020901-Sharing-Is-Caring---Hypothetically